Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Groups - BPEL4WS 1.1 Issues Log May 23.doc uploaded

Well, I guess it depends on how we define portability in the context of BPEL.

One definition of BPEL portability could be the following: to be able to take a BPEL executable process that works in a particular environment, run it in a different environment (different BPEL engine, different WSDL end points), and obtain the same observable behavior in the new environment.

If we take this definition, it seems to me that BPEL portability should be one of the main reasons for creating the standard, and should be one of the major goals to be achieved by this TC.

Ugo