Subject: Re: [wsbpel] So what is the scope for WS-BPEL?

Totally agree. Hence the "Any comments with respect to further
tightening or is this sufficient?" at the end of my email.

I looked over Satish's ppt and yes it is a good start.

Focussing on goals is something I like. It keeps things crisp and clear.

Are we likely to use Critical Success Factors (CSF) as a technique for
drilling down together with use case harvesting?

Cheers

Steve T

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 02:21  pm, David RR Webber - XML ebusiness
wrote:

> Steve,
>
> With respect - this is exactly my point - and why we need to
> clarify this MUCH further - the sentences you quote below are
> just way to nebulous and hard to fathom - see my notes.
>
> The challenge here - having waved the two foot wide roller
> brush of these four sentences - is to break this down into
> tangible meaningful goals, audience, deliverables, and
> most importantly the exclusions.
>
> We've made a good start on this IMHO with the PPT Satish
> posted, but now we need more, and specifically to combine
> it with the "What is BPEL?" outline and drilldown into those
> tough questions.
>
> Thanks, DW.
>
> Message text written by Steve Ross-Talbot
>> The scope of the Web Services Business Process Execution Language
> Technical Committee is the support of process mechanisms in the
> following areas:
>
>         * Sequencing of process activities, especially Web service
> interactions

> web services,
>  or does 'especially' mean only?  What is the context of the process
> activities?
>
>         * Correlation of messages and process instances

> message instances?
>
>         * Recovery behavior in case of failures and exceptional
> conditions

> mean exception,
> not exceptional BTW.
>
>         * Bilateral Web service based relationships between process
> roles

> technobabble.

This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,  please do not copy or disclose its content but  delete the email and contact the sender immediately. Whilst we run antivirus software on all internet emails we are not liable for any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own antivirus software.