Subject: Re: [wsbpel] RE: Questions (RE: [wsbpel] Proposed agenda for May28-29 WS BPEL TC face to face)

Aspect #7

**Collaxa: Scope and Scope instance.** In the spec, scope names are used
to reference scope instances. The combination of compensate and while
highlight the type of limitations we might run into. Is that association
done in purpose?
Thatte: Aspect#7: I am not aware of any use cases where
other-than-reverse order is needed for compensating looped activities.
Do you know of such a case?

> Arkin: We did identify two cases.....An event handler may execute
> multiple instances in parallel. In some cases you may be able to
> invoke compensation handlers in parallel, which may render compenstion
> more efficient. In some cases you may also be able to do that for a
> looped activity.
>
> ***Perhaps we should allow a compensation handler to specify whether
> it supports concurrency and based on that have the engine execute it
> in parallel with or sequential to other compensation handlers.***
> Other than 'once only' or 'any order' we have not found a need to do
> anything other than reverse order.

mm1: Are we capturing these possible issues and/or requirements?