Subject: Licensing resolution

Dear Diane, John & TC members:

     The motion recently adopted by the OASIS WSPBEL TC by ballot on the
TC's website (to request that the TC chairs ask for better licensing terms
on the BPEL4WS contribution) will be accepted by OASIS staff as an
indication of viewpoints from the OASIS WSBPEL TC members.  However, our
rules put negotiations and communications with IP contributors into the
hands of our CEO Patrick Gannon and his staff, rather than TC chairs.  So
OASIS staff will carry this forward to the contributors, as we have done
before in other TCs.  If any other participants have views they wish to
share, they should feel free to communicate them to us as well.
     In the meantime, the work of the TC should proceed.  Staff will report
back to the TC when there's something significant to report, which can take
some time.

     Best regards   Jamie Clark

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Manager Tech Stds Dev, OASIS Open