Subject: implicite links of the runtime engine (was: Implicit <sequence> macro)

Hello,

while implementing the BPEL4WS specification, I noted a few simplifications, which can be added to the runtime mode:

- implicite flow-start links
  If the BPEL4WS parser adds links from a flow parent, to all the unlinked activities within, then the process engine does  not have to search all activateable activities, but can just follow the links

- implicite sequence links
  Instead of a sequence, the engine can simply use a flow, where all sequenced activities are linked together, that way the engine has not to implement two different scope styles

I notice, that this is not so important for the spec, but especially the second case shows, that there is no need for the sequence activity from a control flow point of few. I guess it would be good to add some comments on this in the spec. Or do i have missed a sematical difference between a sequence and a flow with linked activities?

Greetings
Bernd