Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Human editable BPEL?

Satish,

I think this needs a cross-OASIS coordination effort.  We should liaise
with other OASIS teams who are also looking at the same problem
set - collect together the requirements, and figure out from there.

I'd include in BCM, CAM, ebMS, eGov, CPPA, IIS, and UBL
on that list as a minimum, as having already at least done some
related work.  The BCM team probably has the best overall view
right now of how the architecture as a whole is impacted and the
need to share context, not just locally within components, but
an extended need.

DW.
Message text written by "Satish Thatte"
>We should have this discussion more systematically but in general, neither
conversation IDs nor instance IDs are sufficient.  The "multi-start
activities" example is one kind of use case, where rendezvous occurs at
activation hence before the creation of any instance ID.  Consider also
multiway conversations, especially those where A-->B-->C-->A  types of
communication loops occur.  What these need are mechanisms for carrying
context and "infecting" the right instances with the context --
WS-Coordination has this as a general mechanism.  The scope of such a
coordination does not in general coincide with the lifetime of a process
instance.  You can think of correlation sets as a "poor man's context"
mechanism.  But I agree with the goal of reducing the scope of explicit
correlation if possible, but that would mean dependency on some specific
context mechanisms for two-way conversations and multi-way coordination.  I
would hate to see us create some sort of meta model for context that has to
be mapped to concr
ete coordination layers.  Too much complexity.<