Subject: Re: [wsbpel] implicite links of the runtime engine (was: Implicit<sequence> macro)

I agree.

If the distinction was made between doings thing in order or in
parallel, then I understand why you need two different activities. But
we wouldn't need links or serializable scopes. Currently the flow
activity covers all the cases from strictly serialized to strictly
concurrent and all shades in between, making the sequence activity
nothing more than a convinience. You need to support the complexity of
synchronized activities to support the flow activity, that's not easy
but if you have the capability you might as well use it all the way.

So the sequence activity does need to justify its existence, and it
needs a generic rational so we can decide what to do with other existing
or proposed "simplifications" to the language.

arkin