Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 32 - Link Semantics in Event Handlers

Yuzo,

in the specified example, each message creates a new instance of the flow
activity. Whenever a message arives, an instance of the appropriate
OnMessage event handler is created and the enclosed activities are carried
out.  There are no restrictions on the number of created instances for
event handlers nor are there any restrictions for the number of created
instances for a particular OnMessage event handler.

Cheers,

dieter

Dieter Roller
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Member IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Germany Development Inc.
Phone :                 +49-7031-164476
Fax :                    +49-7031-164890
e-mail                   rol@de.ibm.com

|         |           "Yuzo Fujishima" |
|         |           <fujishima@bc.jp.|
|         |           nec.com>         |
|         |           07/05/2003 03:14 |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 32 - Link Semantics in Event Handlers                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

Chunbo, Edwin

According to a messge from Satish,
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200305/msg00131.html
Edwin's view seems to be closer to the original authors' intention.

The problem is that the specification itself allows at least two
interpretations. I raised this issue to clarify which is the right one.
After the discussion and the issue/requirementprocess mature,
I probably propose a motion to pick one iterpretation.

Yuzo

Chunbo> Hi Yuzo,
Chunbo>
Chunbo> I think the link status is maintained at process instance level,
not based
Chunbo> on the thread level.  So A and B will be synced as far as they
belong to the
Chunbo> same process instance.
Chunbo>
Chunbo> -Chunbo

Edwin> Yuzo,
Edwin> Thank you for the example. It seems that in that specific case, each
message
Edwin> would create a new flow activity. So if you have 4  messages, you
end up
Edwin> with 4 instances of the flow activity (all running concurrently).
Each flow
Edwin> activity instance will have its own AtoB link. No?
Edwin> Edwin