Subject: August meetings

As you may have noticed, the ballot to hold meetings in August passed by a small margin, so we will hold the planned conference calls on August 6 and 20.   We expect useful discussions among those available in spite of possible low attendance.  If necessary, we will defer decisions until we have quorum.  We will not post electronic ballots during August. If you have input on agenda items please let us know.

For those of you who will be away during August, you may want to request a leave of absence to avoid jeopardizing your member status.  The first leave of absence in any calendar year is granted automatically (later ones require a TC vote).  Please let John and I know if you'd like to have your status changed.   In particular, if you recently received a warning and will miss the August 6 meeting, this is necessary to avoid being switched to observer.  As a reminder, the oasis policy states:  "a member shall be warned by email from the chair upon their first failure to attend two out of every three successive meetings of the TC.   Membership shall be terminated if the member fails to attend the next meeting following transmittal of the warning or if the member consistently fails to attend two of every three meetings."   In general, this means that members who do not attend the next required meeting! are changed to observers.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123