Subject: Issue - 9 - RE: [wsbpel] Should a correlationViolation be thrown when initiaing a correlation set with missing property aliases

This is a generic problem with the BPEL spec. There are tons of assumptions in the spec about problems that are expected to be caught by static analysis and so do not have faults defined for them since they can't happen at run time. The problem is, the assumptions are assumptions rather than explicit statements. What we need is an explicit list of what the assumptions are.

I suspect creating that list will be a natural by-product of dealing with Issue 9 which is why I changed the title to move this thread over to that issue.
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Keller [mailto:chris.keller@active-endpoints.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 3:09 PM
To: 'Eckenfels. Bernd'; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

Sound's good, but then we should at least say somewhere in the document that this is an error and that a compliant implementation must check this.  I think this is somewhat different from a bad reference to, as an example, a partner link type, which is more obvious since the name is directly referenced in the BPEL process.  This is an indirect consistency check that we would require of an implementation.