Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 7 - approved proposal.

Here is the updated text of the proposal we approved in yesterday's call:

Introduce a single <bpel:import> element used to import  XSD, WSDL
definitions. Zero or more <bpel:import> elements may appear as first
children of the <bpel:process> element. Three required attributes must be:

- "namespace": target namespace being imported
- "location": where to find the imported information
- "importType": identifies the type of document being imported by providing
the URI of the encoding language: either "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
or "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";.

For example:

<bpel:import namespace="..."  location="document-location"
importType="XYZ-namespace-uri"/>

A <bpel:import> import element will be interpreted as a hint for BPEL
processors. In particular, processors are not required to retrieve the
imported document from the specified location.

                      Francisco
                      Curbera/Watson/IB        To:       "Liu, Kevin" <kevin.liu@sap.com>
                      M@IBMUS                  cc:       "'wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org'" <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>,
                                                "'ygoland@bea.com'" <ygoland@bea.com>
                      10/01/2003 12:27         Subject:  RE: [wsbpel] Issue 7 - possible resolution
                      AM

Kevin,

Thanks for the catch! I intended to say "namespace", not "targetNamespace".
Please consider my proposal modified accordingly.

Paco

                      "Liu, Kevin"

                      <kevin.liu@sap.co        To:
"'ygoland@bea.com'" <ygoland@bea.com>, Francisco
                      m>                        Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS,
"'wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org'"

<wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>

                      09/30/2003 10:33         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  RE: [wsbpel] Issue
7 - possible resolution

I like option 1 better with one modification.

Following the XSD and WSDL import model, I would prefer that the
"targetNamespace" attribute be re-named to "namespace" which identify the
namespace of the file being imported.

Best Regards,
Kevin