Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 2- requirements for a sub function solution

Harvey,

    Without putting words in Yaron's mouth, I'd say that is a good distillation of Yaron's proposal. I would only modify item 4, to add that invocation of sub-functions (or whatever name you want to give to the reusable item) should be easily understood by a human reader. I (personally) think that should be a primary consideration.

    What are your thoughts on these ideas?

-Ron

Harvey Reed wrote:

Interesting. I want to make sure I am still following the main thread. Are we saying that:

  1. We want to have reusable BPEL
  2. Since the unit of reusability needs to also follow conventions of compensation, reusability is along the lines of “scope”
  3. We want to be able to deploy these reusable scopes anywhere (no restrictions?)
  4. “invoking” these scopes should be as easy as with regular scopes (no complex mapping of state, like with assign)

Close?

++harvey