Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 2- requirements for a sub function solution

Ron, you say:

> A standardized modeling vocabulary is very useful; a modeling vocabulary that omits key concepts (for example, sub-processes) has far less value.

We have actually not been talking about omitting the concept of sub-processes, but rather whether this concept could be modeled with existing constructs (possibly with minor modifications to existing syntax).

My tools argument was not about the tools compensating for functionality not existing in the language, but rather about making the issue of how this functionality is actually expressed less relevant.

Your argument that analysts are uncomfortable with a WS-based approach seems rather weak, given the fact that WS concepts are very aggressively spreading throughout the industry (so that even pointed headed managers are quite comfortable talking about Web services today ;-). It would be like saying, 20 years ago, that languages should not have used OO constructs just because programmers were only comfortable with functional programming.

Ugo