Subject: RE: [wsbpel] RE: [spell] Issue - 72 - Proposal to vote

Someone (not me) could indeed spend the time to go through BP 1.0a and
work out which of its requirements should apply to the BPEL language,
and propose that list as a detailed resolution of issue 72.  However, I
doubt if it's worth the effort.

The alternative, which I tried to state in my a), is just to have as a
guideline that we will follow BP 1.0. Then in any future discussion on a
particular point, if a proposed text is contrary to R1234 (say), then
it's going to take a really well-argued case to use that text.  But we
don't need to go trawling through BP 1.0 speculatively - we can rely on
ourselves as a TC (and potentially the wider community of reviewers of
our drafts) to point out collisions with BP 1.0.

But perhaps I've over-restricted a), constraining it both to
"underspecified and erroneous" AND making it a guideline, not a rigid
rule with "normally be followed". Would omitting the "underspecified and
erroneous features", but keeping the "normally ..." cover the point ?

	a) In developing the BPEL language, where reference is made to
specifications that are in BP 1.0 scope,
	the BP 1.0 interpretations will normally be followed.

or leave it.

or someone can propose the definitive list.

Peter