Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 75 - Do we need locally declared partnerLinks?

If I look at the spec right now and try to imagine how to achieve this
behavior using global partner links, it requires a lot of variable
shuffling which is both complex and error prone. There will be one
myRole EPR and a lot of shuffling of the partnerRole EPRs in/out of
locally scoped variables. I would value any solutions that brings
simplicity and reduces the potential for errors.

Having locally scoped partner links where the partnerRole is the only
thing that changes (myRole is fixed to the same EPR for all copies)
would simplify process definitions by simply removing all the complexity
of the variable shuffling that is currently required. That alone would
be a welcome change in my opinion.

As for having unique myRole EPRs for each local copy of the partner
link, there are indeed issues with that. It sounds to me like
correlation sets (which can be local to a scope) are the way to go. So,
assuming that all local copies of the same partner link have the same
myRole EPR which can be fixed at deployment (no auto generation of
listen points), do we have any problem adding locally declared partner
links to the language?

Assaf