Subject: Re: [wsbpel] process coordination ideas - counter-proposal

Bob,

Looking at this - I believe this is the same type of
mechanism that the BCM team is looking to establish
for Linking and Switching and Choice Points.

If I'm reading your PPT correctly (?!) it appears that
having a mechanism that uses WSDL as the connection
point - but is not tightly coupled into BPEL (i.e. other
dependent systems could also use the system) - makes
sense - since what if the BPEL process is tied into a
EDI or ebXML or SAP or.... step?

This being said - the BCM team have a draft specification
that provides the ground work for building such a
linking and switching control mechanism, with persistence
and much more in-built.

Clearly this is not something you put together next week -
but again - if I'm reading right - I gather the sense is that
this is something that gets deferred until after BPEL V1.0
and therefore would fit as a joint effort between the TCs.

You can access the Choice Point Specification - Appendix B,
of the BCM specifications from the OASIS BCM TC site.

Thanks, DW.