Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Resolution to issue 10 - Implicit compensation Handler

The current specification requires each scope, upon it's successful
completion, to install a compensation handler within the enclosing
scope. That could be a compensation handler that was explicitly defined,
or a default compensation handler (implicit). But a compensation handler
is always installed in the enclosing scope by the completing scope.

The new proposal changes that behavior. It requires each scope to
support an invocation of its compensation handler by the enclosing
scope, and that could be an explicit or a default compensation handler.
However, when a scope completes, it installs its compensation handler in
the enclosing scope only if one is explicitly defined. If the scope does
not define a compensation handler, it installs the compensation handlers
of its child scopes within its enclosing scope.

To achieve the same behavior with custom handlers, the custom handlers
must be able to invoke any compensation handler installed in their
scope, and not just those coming from direct children. It therefore
needs an understanding of when a compensation handler is installed in
the scope, vs assuming that each child scope installs a compensation
handler upon successful completion.

Assaf