Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 24 - separate schemata for abstract and executable processes

Hello Danny,

I like this. I suggest to have in fact 3 artifacts, a BPEL base type lib Schema Document, which is included by the executable and abstract schema. The executable and abstract schema then only need to redefine or restrict/extend those existing types. I suggest a 3 way relationship, becuase I think it is easier to track than a 2 way (i.e. would u use the abstrac ptocess to include the executable or vice versa). I dont think it is a good idea  for maintenance, to habe 2 copies of the schema with different definitions.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Bernd Eckenfels
Chief Architect
--
SEEBURGER AG - Edisonstr.1 , D-75015 Bretten, Germany
Fax: +49 (0)7252 96-2400 - Phone: +49 (0)7252 96-1256
mailto:b.eckenfels@seeburger.de - http://www.seeburger.de

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny van der Rijn [mailto:dannyv@tibco.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 9:53 PM
To: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsbpel] Issue 24 - separate schemata for abstract and
executable processes

http://www.choreology.com/external/WS_BPEL_issues_list.html#Issue24

i submitted this issue a while ago, and there hasn't been any discussion.
phil pointed out to me that it's been languishing.  the statement of the
issue is simple:

"Separate schemas for the executable vs. the abstract forms of BPEL would
allow validation by schema, rather than by hand-coded rules based on spec
verbiage. "

consider this a call for discussion.  if there's no discussion in the next 3
weeks, i'll propose a vote on the issue one week before our next meeting.

danny