Subject: Assigning data from a file to a variable

I have come across a number of scenarios where it may be desirable to assign XML data from a file to a variable, e.g. in order to load configuration data that applies to a number of business processes, template XML fragments, etc. The behavior is similar to the <from>… literal value…</from> construct, but it would be cleaner to contain the XML data in a separate file, especially if the same fragment is used in multiple business processes.

For example:

<assign>

            <copy>

                        <from location=”uri” query=”queryString”?/>

                        <to variable…/>

            </copy>

</assign>

 I am new to this TC, so I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Regards,

Kristofer Agren