Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 53 - Motion for consideration by the TC

Yaron Goland wrote:

> The BPEL group has a vast vein of experience to mine
> in creating a simplified local compensation framework
> as customers have been implementing local compensation
> handlers on every Web Service product and platform
> since the dawn of web services.

Do you mean:

(a) simple local undos per Web service?

or

(b) cascading Compensations with nesting and links as in BPEL?

I don't think (a) qualifies as experience with (b).

Moreover, I think local undos can fit into a business transaction
framework such as we're proposing, as easily (maybe more easily) than
they fit into the BPEL cascading Compensations.