Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 67 - Proposal for vote

Ron,

That looks good.

All,

Please consider the proposal as amended by Ron.

Satish

From: Ron Ten-Hove [mailto:Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 10:26 AM
To: Satish Thatte
Cc: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

Satish,

    That sounds good. I'd recommend adding an extra sentence at the end, so that it reads (addition in bold):

"Note that serialization of variable access cannot lead to internal
deadlock in a BPEL process instance.  The reason being that,
conceptually, a serializable scope is not started until it can gain
sufficiently exclusive access to all the non-local variables it needs.
This is analogous to pessimestic locking schemes used to control
concurrent access to database resources."

    This language parallels that used to clarify the behaviour of serializable scopes later in the same section.

    I believe this reflects the conclusion of an email discussion we had about serializable scopes back in October.

Regards,
-Ron

Satish Thatte wrote:

I propose that we add the following sentences to section to Section 13.6
following paragraph 2.