Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Creation of Repeating/Optional XML Structures

If the current spec does not support the ability to read some
configuration of n counterpart services, traverse that array and invoke
on those services, and then cause delivery of that array to some other
service or function, then I think Danny is right to say that BPEL is
crippled. Is this not the subject of Issue 4 (an original submitters'
issue), as well as this issue?

We have a standard demo, where a hedge fund connects to (configurable) n
market makers, and requests quotes for securities or options (ideally in
parallel). We then examine the results and make a decision as to which
(single) security and which (single) option we want to select. This
selection would involve transmission of an order message to the selected
market makers for each of the security and the option.

How would this simple process be modelled in the current form of BPEL?

Alastair

-----Original Message-----
From: Satish Thatte [mailto:satisht@microsoft.com]
Sent: 04 February 2004 00:53
To: edwink@collaxa.com; Pal Takacsi-Nagy; Danny van der Rijn
Cc: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Creation of Repeating/Optional XML
Structures

I really like Edwin's suggestion of letting the XML data manipulation
standards work be done properly where it belongs.  We would be foolish
to take on some arbitrary subset and address that in an ad hoc and
separate effort from the mainline XML efforts.

We already made sure that we can open up to those future standards by
resolving Issue 13 the way we did.  Let us not open this can of worms.

Satish