Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Creation of Repeating/Optional XML Structures

David,

I think you've taken the particular for the general.

What you propose *is* an array within the sense Alastair meant (or at
least, in the sense of the conversation I had with him just before he
sent the message). It's a collection of similar chunks of information,
with the possibiility of use or source of each chunk separately in the
business process, and the possibility of dealing with the whole.

How, in current BPEL, would you add bidline elements to the Bids ?
Processing the totality, once you've got it together, would probably be
done as you suggest.  But making the "iterator" and "concatenator"
operations into external services would rather detract from the utility
of the process language.

Note that the requirement (and the implication of issue 4 (issue list
"working copy" -
http://www.choreology.com/external/WS_BPEL_issues_list.html#Issue4)
includes having collections of endpoints, as well as data.  Hmm  - and
the ability to relate one to the other, come to think of it.

Peter

ave_workgr
oup.
php.