Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 97 - Optional Variable References in AbstractProcesses

Hi Deiter,

This is Alex, working with Paco and others on Issue 24 also.
Yes, I also think that we need to add extra text to describe the
optional variable references in onMessage/onEvent in Chapter 15 for
Abstract BPEL.

However, one question for clarification though: does the BPEL XML Schema
already mark the variable optional for onMessage? Do we need to make
other changes here for "tOnMessage" type?  or other parts of BPEL Schema?

---------------------
    <complexType name="tOnMessage">
        <complexContent>
            <extension base="bpws:tExtensibleElements">
                <sequence>
                    <element name="correlations"
type="bpws:tCorrelations" minOccurs="0"/>
                    <group ref="bpws:activity"/>
                </sequence>
                <attribute name="partnerLink" type="NCName" use="required"/>
                <attribute name="portType" type="QName" use="required"/>
                <attribute name="operation" type="NCName" use="required"/>
                <attribute name="messageType" type="QName" use="required"/>
                <attribute name="variable" type="NCName" use="optional"/>
            </extension>
        </complexContent>
    </complexType>

If I miss some background context here and ask a dumb question, apology
in advance. :-)