Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Call for Discussion

Danny,

All I can say is that IMHO your example may work for a mickey mouse
PO structure like yours - but for real industrial strength PO processing
this set of 6 or 7 functions in BPEL is laughable.

Go look at the OAGi PO schema for an example or even the UBL
OP70 one - which is relatively "simple".  There's just too many
interdependencies - and then the kicker is - what do you do
if when the output XML is supposed to look does not exactly
match the chunks you have in memory....?

I've said all along here that the real answer is to call a proper
transaction assembly process like OASIS CAM that has
all the predicates and functions to handle this.

You still have an issue of how you pass the external process
the information that BPEL has garnered into memory in its
simple chunk XML structure variables from its various
<receive> actions.

At least the six or seven functions may suffice to get you
a raw block of XML that you can then pipe to that
external assembly process - so it can complete the
job for you - but that again still feels clumsy.

On the other hand - if you had a neater way - say via
the linkage section - to already group these together
as you get them - then it would be trivial to simply
pipe that memory collection out - to the assembly
service for completion.

CAM has the means for you to describe that
BPEL input layout to it - and then map that
with a bunch of rules - to the required output
layout(s) - yes there may be more than one
depending on who the trading partner is....

I'm seeing the CAM processor being a web service
itself - so you'd just call it via WSDL, pass the linkage
and then the reply back would be the completed
transaction ready for dispatch.

The V1.0 RC of CAM is now available BTW
on Kavi.

DW