Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Call for Discussion

Yaron,

----- Original Message -----
> As for companion languages, for a companion language to BPEL to be
> useful it must be able to see and manipulate BPEL variables. So it seems
> reasonable to expect to be able to drop down into the companion
> language, manipulate the BPEL variables using the companion language's
> XML manipulation facilities and then pop back up into BPEL.

This is EXACTLY what I'm seeing CAM can do for you - and YES it
is heavily typed.  However I need a mechanism to pass the BPEL variables
back and forth.

So in "PPT BPEL" - I'm seeing calling CAM as a webservice via a WSDL
binding - passing it the content of the variable area that is the input, and
then getting back another variable area that is the result as a BPEL style
reply works right now.  You also pass CAM the template pointer that
contains all the rules and manipulation that you want to occur  (that's
what the OASIS CAM spec' details - and of course the templates are
all in XML).   In my PPT BPEL - this just looks like another step
that the BPEL engine can execute - and it calls the CAM processor
in the same way it interacts with another WSDL driven step today.

CAM BTW has full fault handling built-in - so it can message and error
however you need.  And the specification is about to be to public
review status in OASIS next week (vote pending) - so we should beat
the release date here of BPEL itself handily ; -)

There's a brochure on CAM available in Kavi from the CAM TC area
to give you the 30,000' intro' too.

Thanks, DW.