Subject: RE: [wsbpel] local variables overriding enclosing scope

I was just trying to expose the naming and visibility rules that seem to
be behind the 9.2 statement.

But you seem to be arguing with those rules, more than with the
statement itself. Well, I guess we are defining the language and we are
free to define our naming and visibility rules the way we want, as long
as they are reasonable and helpful when using the language. In
particular, it is up to us to determine what type of declaration can
hide others. Evidently the criteria for hiding must be related to how
much we consider the declarations to be "the same". Variable name is
clearly a way to define their sameness, but type could be an additional
criterion.

I personally don't have any strong feeling one way or another. Maybe the
original author can provide some use cases to illustrate the merits of
their choice.

Ugo