Subject: RE: [wsbpel] assign query without part?

Hi Alex,

I like your proposal. Shall we open an issue for this?

thanks,
-muruga
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 2:29 PM
To: Chris Keller
Cc: 'Muruga Chinnananchi'; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org; ALEX.YIU@oracle.com

Hi, Chris,

Thanks for pointing out of the relevant text in Section 9.2.
The third entry should look more like:
if the variable is declared based on a XSD-qualified-type (simple type), query is not applicable.

And, yes, both sections 14.1 Expressions and 14.3 Assignment needs similar clarifications.

Thanks again.

Chris Keller wrote:

In addition the bpws:getVariableData(‘varname’, ‘part’, ‘query’) method needs to be clarified when one is dealing with a variable element rather than message.  This was discussed at the last f2f and it was decided that the editors would clean this up as an editorial issue.

Just a note in the current specification that variables defined as type are restricted to only simple types.  So the third entry in your case may need adjusting.  Here is the relevant text:

“The messageType, type or element attributes are used to specify the type of a variable. Exactly one of these attributes must be used. Attribute messageType refers to a WSDL message type definition. Attribute type refers to an XML Schema simple type. Attribute element refers to an XML Schema element. An XML Schema complex type must be associated with an element to be used by a BPEL4WS variable.“

Chris