Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 103 - Good Idea!

Clearly not: a non-existent node cannot be the destination. But if
anything this would only help the case for issue 11. My thinking goes like
this:
  1) keeping WSDL 2.0 compliance in mind (and the issue 103 suggestions),
we want to align ourselves with the idea of the message being typed by a
schema type or element (this is implied by allowing usage like
$msgVar/part/foo/bar )
  2) until 2.0 comes out we define a "BPEL implicit schema" for WSDL1.1
messages (we have to do this to allow queries like $msgVar/part/foo/bar)
  3) we banish the notion of parts from bpel (eliminate part attribute from
bpel); to access a part we query the corresponding element in the implied
message schema (we can do this because we can apply xpaths to message
variables and the implied schema for message variables is set in stone by
the BPEL specification, per #2)
  4) when WSDL 2.0 comes out there there is nothing to change; WSDL 2.0
messages will have the schema element/type indicated in the WSDL document,
WSDL 1.1 message will continue to have our "implied schema"
  5) Blissful co-existence of WSDL versions is achieved.
The problem is this: how, starting with an empty message variable do we
insert the message parts? That is, how do we do:
<copy>
    <to variable="foo" part="bar">
    <from ....>
</copy>
if we have no "part" attribute? Answer seems to be that we need insert
operations.

-maciej