Subject: Issue 11 - noch ein mal - Proposal - CAM binding for BPEL

Folks,

Having laid out a use case (see RTF below) - its time to next
consider how BPEL can support that use case (see link at bottom
of this email).

E.g. - using CAM as an external validation service for BPEL.
I'm picking this one as the simpler of the two use cases -
(once we have this figured out then we can do the harder
  assembly use case).

Looking at the requirements coming out of the Validation
use case - we have something like:

1) WSDL for CAM interface definition.
2) URL reference to CAM template involved, to be passed
    to the CAM processor to use for loading in the
    required validation rules.
3) Means to pass input XML content from BPEL to
    CAM external process so that CAM processor can
    accept it and process it according to the instruction in
    the CAM template from 2).  [could be via WSDL, or
    could be URL reference - two modes].
4) Context parameters - four optional ways of doing this
   i. URL reference to a CAM context instance (XML) / or
   ii. pass XML context instance directly via WSDL / or
   iii. just code context rules into CAM template itself from 2)
       [straight in the CAM header section area provided for this
       purpose].
   iv. Ignore - no context needed (not all actions require it).
5) Return - result codes - succeed / fail  and associated error
    structure to report back validation details on failed test(s)
    [optional].

My sense is that the binding comprises two chunks of stuff,
one is the WSDL, and then second is some XSD elements
and attributes that control the 2) thru 5) items, along with
corresponding <variables> on the BPEL side of the house
to pass content to and from.

Does this look like a good set of base requirements?

If not - what is missing / wrong?

If yes - can we make a first cut at some XML to
drive this with?

Thanks, DW.