Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Parallel & Deterministic Compensation Behavior

Yaron,

I assume that AA and AB completed too.  I further assume that the flow is

<flow>
  <scope AA/>
  <scope AB/>
</flow>

In this case, AA and AB are enabled to be compensated in parallel.

Regards,
Frank

Please respond to ygoland@bea.com

To:    wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
cc:

Lets imagine the following BPEL:
process
    faultHandlers
       faultHandler
          catch ...
             compensate
    sequence
       scope name="a"
          compensationHandler
          flow
             scope name="aa"
                compensationHandler
             scope name="ab"
                compensationHandler

Let's imagine that after scope a has completed something goes wrong in
the root sequence activity that causes a global fault handler to be
invoked and that fault handler calls compensate. Let's further assume
that all scopes are reversible.

In that case scope a's compensation handler will be called and, assuming
default compensation is being used then a's compensation handler will
either call aa or ab. But there doesn't appear to be a deterministic way
to choose which one. Is the system allowed to choose randomly? Also, are
compensation handlers allowed to execute in parallel? That is, could aa
and ab's compensation handlers be run at the same time?

             Just curious,

                         Yaron

satisht@microsoft.com wrote:

> The document Reversible and Permeable Scopes v2.ppt has been submitted by
Satish

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/5972/Reversible%20and%20Permeable%20Scopes%20v2.ppt

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/document.php?document_id=5972

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.php