Subject: FYI: BPELJ interview

http://www.oetrends.com/news.php?action=view_record&idnum=324

Some interesting statements from the interview:

"BPEL sticks with core high-level logic, rather than drilling into
deeper, finer-grained, technical issues, such as data manipulation,
procedural logic, and integrating with non-web services interfaces".

"The whole world is not web services-based, so we have to ask ourselves,
does it make sense to wrap everything as a web services -- such as
access to files?"

"The idea of BPEL by itself is portability of process logic across
platforms and tools. But, I think the BPEL community understands that
that's only possible to a point".

So, are we giving up on BPEL interoperability and portability?

Ugo