Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 37 - F2F Presentation Draft

You are looking for a way to use timing to prioritize cset initiation – this is certainly not in the spec now and is in fact the first time I have heard of this idea.  This would seem to be pretty tricky and open the door for all sorts of non-deterministic seeming choices for cset initiation.

Re issue 4 it is tangentially related if one wants to make a choice among a set of RFQ responders, for instance.  But the current idea as I understand it is to choose the best responder by some process specific means.

Satish

From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 9:21 PM
To: Yuzo Fujishima
Cc: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org; Alex Yiu

Hi, Yuzo and all others,

Regarding to Issue 37, we need to choose between (1A) or (1B) semantics.

I am just think out loud ... Do we need to accomodate the following situation??

<sequence>
    <flow>
        <sequence>
            <invoke op1 with initiating CS1A from request with service-provider-A />
            <receive op2 matching with initiated CS1A and initiating CS2 with service-provider-A />
        </sequence>
        <sequence>
            <invoke op1 with initiating CS1B from request with service-provider-B />
            <receive op2 matching with initiated CS1B and initiating CS2 with service-provider-B />
        </sequence>
    </flow>
    <invoke op3 with initiated CS2 with service-provider-C />
    <receive op4 ... />
<sequence>

E.g.: Let me try to provide some business semantics for this process: let say this is a person background screening process.
Step - 1: (op1 and op2) given employee name profile, retrieve its SSN.
Step - 2: (op3 and op4) given SSN, check his or her background.

Please note that :
(i) Step-1 will be done in a parallel fashion. Step-2 will proceed whichever provider respond first.
(ii) CS1A contains the temporary id for this person (maybe a UUID) and provider-id for provider-A
(iii) CS1B contains the same temporary id for this person (maybe a UUID) and provider-id for provider-B
(iii) CS2 contains the SSN.
(iv) receive-op2 is NOT a start activity

If we choose (1A), it may give us some unnecessary complication?

(Can this be also related to Issue 4 or parallel for-each?)

Yuzo Fujishima wrote:

Hi,

Please find attached a presentation draft for Issue 37
to be used at the comming F2F meeting, hopefully.

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation