Subject: [ws-bpel] 5/28/2004: Issue 34 Discussion

Paco, Dieter and Satish,

I am glad that you recognize that a viable solution has been submitted
to W3C.   I'm referring to Paco's two posts (excerpts below). He most
reasonably states:

1. I was pointing out that things seem to be moving, after the recent
w3c submission......on the other hand, if a submitted document were to
become the seed of a working group we would have a clear reference point
to build upon...
2. ....Recent submissions to W3C have made many of us hopeful that some
clarification of this space may be on the horizon.

With the WS-MessageDelivery submission to W3C as a technical note, are
you saying you would accept its inclusion in the WS-BPEL specification?
Could you clarify and explain what you mean by "clarification....may be
on the horizon"? Is this a reference to some action there on behalf of
WS-Addressing in the next two months? Do you have information that you
can share with us? That would be great and help continue our progression
in a timely manner. Thanks.

Francisco Curbera wrote:
Ron,

I was pointing out that things seem to be moving, after the recent w3c
submission. Waiting for standards is clearly not a requirements, as our
position wrt WSDL 2.0 shows. on the other hand, if a submitted document
were to become the seed of a working group we would have a clear reference
point to build upon. Since a delay of this decision comes at essentially no
price, it seems unnecessary to rush to close it.

Paco