Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 37 - Proposal for vote

I'll be at the f2f. Let's talk there.

Paco

                      "Satish Thatte"
                      <satisht@microsof        To:       Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "Alex Yiu" <alex.yiu@oracle.com>
                      t.com>                   cc:       "Alex Yiu" <alex.yiu@oracle.com>, "Dieter Koenig1" <dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com>,
                                                "Yuzo Fujishima" <fujishima@bc.jp.nec.com>, "Nickolas Kavantzas"
                      06/19/2004 11:33          <nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>, "Furniss, Peter" <Peter.Furniss@choreology.com>,
                      AM                        <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>, "Yaron Y. Goland" <ygoland@bea.com>

Paco,

I really don't get why the proposed resolution has these implications that
you are concerned about.  Are you coming to the F2F?  If not, is someone
else who is able to explain this in person?

Satish

________________________________

From: Francisco Curbera [mailto:curbera@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Sat 6/19/2004 7:55 AM
To: Alex Yiu
Cc: Alex Yiu; Dieter Koenig1; Yuzo Fujishima; Nickolas Kavantzas; Furniss,
Peter; Satish Thatte; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org; Yaron Y. Goland

I am aware of issue 96; my problem is that the proposed resolution of 37
seems to assume a particular resolution for it: that transport and
middleware correlation mechanisms will somehow become visible - even in an
opaque form - to the process definition. This may or may not be the right
solution, but is certainly a deviation from the status quo.

So it seems that your proposed text is making the resolution of 37
dependent on the resolution of 96; this would be a mistake, since I believe
37 can close w/o taking this dependency. If, however, you believe that
resolution for 37 requires an assumption on the outcome of 96 then this
needs to be explicitly stated and a resolution for 96 put voted before 37
is closed.

Paco

                      Alex Yiu

                      <alex.yiu@oracle.        To:       Satish Thatte
<satisht@microsoft.com>
                      com>                     cc:       Francisco
Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, Dieter Koenig1 <dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com>,
                                                Yuzo Fujishima
<fujishima@bc.jp.nec.com>, Nickolas Kavantzas
                      06/18/2004 03:29
<nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>, "Furniss, Peter"
<Peter.Furniss@choreology.com>,
                      PM
wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org, "Yaron Y. Goland" <ygoland@bea.com>, Alex Yiu

                                                <alex.yiu@oracle.com>

                                               Subject:  Re: [wsbpel] Issue
37 - Proposal for vote

I would concur Satish here. It's better to discuss that part of the
business under Issue 96.

An opaque / container-managed CS is still a CS. That CS still needs to
be initiated (implicitly / automatically by the container) before
certain in-bound activities.

In Issue 96, I guess we need to discuss whether an opaque /
container-managed CS can be used / added to an in-bound activity
implicitly / automatically without any explicit code in the BPEL.

A side note: If both initiation and usage of an opaque CS are always
implicit, then the opaque CS behavior may not need to be documented in
the spec. That is one viewpoint on opaque CS.

Satish Thatte wrote:

>Paco,
>
>We are supposed to address this in Issue 96.  So it seems to be a
separable discussion and there is no implication here that implicit
correlation is excluded.  Perhaps we can make that clearer in the proposed
resolution.

<satisht@microsoft.com>, wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org, Yuzo
<fujishima@bc.jp.nec.com>, Dieter Koenig1 <dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com>, "Yaron

<ygoland@bea.com>, Nickolas Kavantzas <nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>, Alex