Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 43 - Proposal to Vote

I admit that this is a typical pattern.  But adding this feature to BPEL is
some sort of a slippery slope. Why?   The use case given is one from the
monitoring space.  Furthermore, here is some base technology being worked
on within OASIS (Web Services Notification) that describes a corresponding
infrastructure for registering to events, e.g. "I am alive" messages.  My
understanding is that our overall guideline in creating specs in the space
of Web services is "modularization" and "composability".  In that sense,
the feature proposed seems to be the beginning of a slippery slope.

Regards,
Frank

Please respond to <edwink@collaxa.com>