Subject: usage of <partner> in BPEL?

Hi all,

We define <partnerLink> and <partner> in BPEL.
The usage of <partnerLink> is very clear in BPEL. (e.g. invoke relies on
partnerLink).

However, the usage of <partner> is not clear.
Is it more like a deployment related information?
Should it be a part of WSDL binding?
There are not other BPEL construct make uses of <partner> declaration.

I have done a very informal poll to a number of vendors last week at
BPEL F2F in SF.
It seems to me that no particular vendor is actively making use of <partner>

Any further thoughts?