Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Allowing a new process instance to be created by "pick onAlarm until"

Dieter,
Please see below.

Ugo

Sure, but that could also be said of activities in general: activities
expect an instance to already exist, except when used to create an
instance  ;-).

> A possible scenario would be having two picks (rendezvous)
> with createInstance="yes" and onAlarm. The "first" message
> would create a new instance (on that pick, the onAlarm is
> ignored), and the "second" message must arrive in time before
> the onAlarm on the other pick goes off.

I don't fully understand your scenario. What would the first message be
about and who would send it? (Please keep in mind my use case:
periodical activation of the process).

> Kind Regards
> DK
>

>              "Ugo Corda"
>
>              <UCorda@SeeBeyond
>
>              .com>
>
> <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
>              22.07.2004 23:36
>           cc
>

>      Subject
>                                        [wsbpel] Allowing a
> new process
>                                        instance to be created
> by "pick
>                                        onAlarm until"

> Currently the spec does not allow a Pick with
> createInstance=yes when alarms are specified. I don't see a
> good rationale for having this restriction in the case
> onAlarm specifies a particular time for the associated
> activities to occur ("until" case).
>
> Relaxing this restriction would be useful when we want a
> process instance to start at a particular time, possibly on a
> periodical base. An alternative way of achieving the same
> effect would be by defining a receive from a "partner"
> representing the deployment environment, and having the
> environment itself send a message at the appropriate time.
> But I think it would be more clear if we use the pick-onAlarm
> construct instead.
>
> Unless somebody shows me that the idea does not make sense,
> I'll file a formal issue for it.
>
> Ugo

> the roster of the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/le