Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Allowing a new process instance to be created by "pick onAlarm until"

+1 to both Prasad and Ron.

________________________________

From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webmethods.com]
Sent: Fri 7/23/2004 1:56 PM
To: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

I was on the wall on the proposal by Ugo, but I agree with the following, which I find to be a good case against it. I am also concerned that we are beginning to ask for more and more features that go towards Execution and "Language" (EL) aspects of BP-EL and less that fall in the Business Process (BP) bucket. :).

Regards, Prasad

Ron Ten-Hove wrote:

	Self-scheduling processes are in general a bad thing. Scheduling is a separate concern from the process logic itself. The fact that one must alter the process definition in order to alter the scheduling policy is indicative of inappropriate coupling between the two. I suggest that we not burden BPEL with features that encourage poor practices.