Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 9 - Rought Draft of a proposal to vote

I would like to mention some pre-conditions in order to make this
proposal enforceable.

The proposal changes static analysis from "pessimistic" to "optimistic".
I tend to think those terms are enforceable only when the spec have a
clear list of static analysis semantics, which has two output choices -
error or warning. The list defineds what checking logic will issue error
... (e.g. spelling mistake in variable name in receive) what checking
logic will issue warnings only (e.g. assign is trying to assign a string
value to a number variable) (that is the optimistic part).

If the list of static analysis mentioned by the spec are for fatal error
only, then the "optimistic" term may not be that enforceable. This
proposal may become guidelines instead of rules.

Anyhow, I agree that we should visit the terms "pessimistic" vs
"optimistic" in that paragraph.