Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 138 - Properties of type element

Complex types for properties sound good, except for properties in
correlation sets. However, there is one more exception: when
getVariableProperty(...) is used in a condition, it seems that it should be
restricted to simple types as well. This limits the use of complex-typed
properties basically to assignments.
Kind Regards
DK

             "Satish Thatte"
             <satisht@microsof
             t.com>                                                     To
                                       <ygoland@bea.com>
             21.07.2004 02:20                                           cc
                                       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 138 -
                                       Properties of type element

See my response to your question about issue 137 re the semantics of
properties.  I am opposed to changing that.

That said, I have no issue with generalizing property types to allow
complex types SO LONG AS properties used in correlation sets are
restricted to simple types, to allow for performant implementation.  I
understand how this helps reduce XPath clutter.

Satish