Subject: Issue - 152 - Amended Proposal to Vote

The following incorporates Yaron's friendly amendment into my proposal for
resolution for issue 152:

The "reference-scheme" attribute will be removed from the
"bpws:service-ref" element wrapper. In addition, the schema definition for
the wrapper will incorporate attribute and element extensibility points:

<xs:element name="service-ref" type= tns:ServiceRefType/>

<complexType name="ServiceRefType">
   <complexContent>
     <restriction base="bpws:tExtensibleElements">
       <sequence>
         <element ref="bpws:documentation" minOccurs="0"
                  maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         <any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
              maxOccurs="1"/>
       </sequence>
       <anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
     </restriction>
   </complexContent>
</complexType>

                      "Yaron Y. Goland"
                      <ygoland@bea.com>        To:       Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                                               cc:       wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
                      09/08/2004 08:40         Subject:  [wsbpel] Issue - 152 - New Proposal to Vote - Friendly Amendment
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ygoland

I would propose the following friendly amendment:

<xs:element name="service-ref" type= tns:ServiceRefType/>

<complexType name="ServiceRefType">
   <complexContent>
     <restriction base="bpws:tExtensibleElements">
       <sequence>
         <element ref="bpws:documentation" minOccurs="0"
                  maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         <any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
              maxOccurs="1"/>
       </sequence>
       <anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
     </restriction>
   </complexContent>
</complexType>

This will introduce two changes:

1) If an EPR can be fully described using nothing but attributes then it
is possible to do so by not having any children in service-ref and
instead defining the values as attributes on the service-ref element
itself.

2) It allows for documentation elements. Since these elements belong to
the BPEL controlled namespace there should be no confusion as to their
meaning inside of an EPR.

             Yaron

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.php
.