Subject: RE: [wsbpel] "Using BPEL4WS in a UDDI registry" OASIS UDDI Spec TC Technical Note - Review Requested

Having provided sufficient time to review the "Using BPEL4WS in a UDDI Registry" Technical Note it is the UDDI Spec TC’s opinion this Technical Note is ready to be published. It is our intent to publish this TN by the end of this calendar year. That said, should you have additional feedback please provide it no later than 3 Dec so it may be considered prior to the expected ratification of the TN by this TC in mid-Dec.

We understand that there may be unresolved issues relating to the relevance of abstract processes as it relates to the WSBPEL specification. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the TN applies to the BPEL4WS 1.1 specification submitted to the WSBPEL TC and which defines the concept of abstract processes. The decision to map BPEL4WS 1.1 was deliberate – the TN aims at addressing current market needs.

Luc Clément
Senior Program Manager, Systinet
Co-Chair OASIS UDDI Spec TC
Tel: +1.617.768.4268 / Cell: +1.978.793.2162 /
www.systinet.com

From: Luc Clement [mailto:luc.clement@systinet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 20:59
To: drj@us.ibm.com; jevdemon@microsoft.com
Cc: uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org; Karl F. Best; James Bryce Clark; Mary McRae; Tony Rogers

Dear WSBPEL Chairs,

The UDDI Spec TC has been working on a “Using BPEL4WS in a UDDI registry” Technical Note (TN) that it would like your input on before proceeding to ratify this TN.

The TN provides a mapping for publishing BPEL4WS abstract processes into a UDDI registry. The primary goals of mapping BPEL4WS artifacts to the UDDI model are to:

  1. Enable the automatic registration of BPEL4WS definitions in UDDI
  2. Enable optimized and flexible UDDI queries based on specific BPEL4WS artifacts and metadata
  3. Provide composability with the mapping described in the "Using WSDL in a UDDI Registry, Version 2.0.2" [1] Technical Note.

We would like to invite the BPEL TC to review and comment on the document and ask that you assign two or more reviewers.

The TN is posted at the following locations by format:

We would appreciate comments as soon as possible but preferably before 31 Aug 04. Please submit comments: