Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 82 - Proposal to resolve 82 and other abstract process issues

Well yes, if the purpose of the abstract was to define the protocol. But
I thought it was
accepted that there are other purposes for abstract.

But suppose there are abstract BPEL definitions that define
customer:retailer protocol A, and
retailer:supplier protocol B, but the purpose of this abstract
definition is to be a
template for a retailer's process that can handle a defined subset of A
and may use any of B
but must use some particular parts (e.g. must check availability on
premium orders, but need not on others).
Concretization of this ought not to add things to the A link, but could
on the B link. The same
concretization would of course correspond to BOTH the A and B
protocol-defining abstract BPELs.

Hmm, I'm not sure that's an easily identifiable profile.

Peter

Choreology Anti virus scan completed