Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Question on Profile Usage Re: [wsbpel] Issue 82 - resolution]

forgot to do reply all.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Question on Profile Usage Re: [wsbpel] Issue 82 -
resolution
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:44:54 -0500
From: rkhalaf <rkhalaf@watson.ibm.com>
To: andrew.francis@mail.mcgill.ca

Hi Andrew,

I like to think of profiles as summarized by picking a point on each of
the axes that were in my slides from the F2F.  An abstract process
belonging to a profile really defines a set of executables via these
rules. Since exec bpel has full semantics, an abstract process belonging
to a profile is completely understood on its own regardless of how it
will be used at "runtime"(to generate executables, to generate client
stubs, to test compliance, for fill-in-the-blanks-templating, etc ...).

For your scenario, your abstract processes must first belong to a
profile. The profile would have governed the restrictions/syntax in
their creation (example: limits opacity to everything but attributes),
and explains the missing information by providing completion rules.
(slide 1).

The completion rules could be used by tools to aid in creating the
executables (slide 2) and in monitoring (slide 3). I don't think the
spec will go into the details of how to do that beyond what's above
(think WSDL).  Perhaps profiles can be allowed to also describe
additional information relevant to their use case?

Hope that helps,
Rania

andrew.francis@mail.mcgill.ca wrote:
 > Hello Colleagues:
 >

 >>1  Every AP instance will always refer to a profile URI to
 >>
 >>>define its meaning but we leave it open at this time>whether the
core AP definition is a profile.