Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 191 - Receive/createProcess/Rendezvous from within While loop (New Proposed Issue Announcement)

I actually missed the createInstance="yes" in the example.  I think the
interesting issue is the same example without createInstance="yes" on
the receive.  It will then create a situation where a feature
(rendezvous) designed to address non-deterministic order is used in a
situation with very defined order.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Koenig1 [mailto:dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 2:28 AM
To: ygoland@bea.com
Cc: Danny van der Rijn; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 191 - Receive/createProcess/Rendezvous from
within While loop (New Proposed Issue Announcement)

+1. A createInstance="yes" is not legal inside of <while> (according to
section 6.5), and issue 81 should not change that.
Kind Regards
DK

             "Yaron Y. Goland"

             <ygoland@bea.com>

             07.02.2005 20:40          Danny van der Rijn

                                       <dannyv@tibco.com>

cc
             Please respond to         wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

                  ygoland
Subject
                                       Re: [wsbpel] Issue 191 -

                                       Receive/createProcess/Rendezvous

                                       from within While loop (New

                                       Proposed Issue Announcement)

This issue has a dependency on issue 81. Issue 81 proposes adding the
following language to section 11.4:

"A receive/pick activity annotated in this way MUST be a "start
activity". A "start activity" is an initial activity that has a
createInstance="yes" attribute defined on it. An initial activity is a
receive/pick activity where no other activities but scope, flow,
sequence and empty activities occur before it in the process's execution
path."

The result of this language is that the receive would be illegal as the
presence of the while activity would mean that the receive is not an
initial activity and therefore cannot be a start activity and therefore
is illegal.

I actually think the example in 191 is already illegal even without 81
because section 6.5 as it currently stands requires that no 'base
activity'/initial activity occur before a start activity. But I agree
that the current language is ambiguous which is why 81 proposed
clarifying matters.

                         Yaron

Danny van der Rijn wrote:
> I must have formatted my mail to Tony incorrectly.  The example should
read:

> <process>
>     <sequence>
>        <while>
>           <receive createInstance="yes">
>              <correlations>
>                 <correlation initiate="rendezvous"/>
>              </correlations>
>           </receive>
>        </while>
>     </sequence>
> </process>
>
> Tony Fletcher wrote:
>
>> This issue has been added to the wsbpel issue list with a status of
>> "received". The status will be changed to "open" if the TC accepts it
as

>> identifying a bug in the spec or decides it should be accepted
specially.
>> Otherwise it will be closed without further consideration (but will
be
marked
>> as "Revisitable")
>>
>> The issues list is posted as a Technical Committee document to the
OASIS

>> WSBPEL TC pages <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel>
on
>> regular basis. The current edition, as a TC document, is the most
recent

>> version of the document entitled in the "Issues" folder of the WSBPEL
TC

--------

>>     Issue 191: Receive/createProcess/Rendezvous from within While
loop

>> *Status:* received
>> *Date added:* 4 Feb 2005
>> *Categories:* Correlation
>> <file:///C:/Perlscripts/wsbpel_issues36.html#category_correlation>
>> *Date submitted:* 4 February 2005
>> *Submitter:* Danny van der Rijn <mailto:dannyv@tibco.com>
>>
>> <process> <sequence>
>>
>> <while> <receive createInstance="yes"> <correlations> <correlation
>> initiate="rendezvous"/> </correlations> </receive> <while> ...
</sequence>
>> </process>
>>
>> in which an initial receive correlates with itself in a while loop.
It
appears

--------

>>  Best Regards,
>>
>> Tony/                           /
>>
>> / <http://www.choreology.com/>/
>>

>> Tony Fletcher
>>
>> Technical Advisor
>> Choreology Ltd.
>> 68, Lombard Street, London EC3V 9L J   UK
>>
>> Phone:
>>

>> +44 (0) 1473 729537
>>
>> Mobile:
>>

>> +44 (0) 7801 948219//
>>
>> Fax:
>>

>> +44 (0) 870 7390077
>>
>> Web:
>>

>> /www.choreology.com <http://www.choreology.com/>/
>>
>> Cohesions(tm)
>>
>> Business transaction management software for application coordination
>>
>> Work: tony.fletcher@choreology.com
>>
>> Home: amfletcher@iee.org <mailto:amfletcher@iee.org>

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgr