Subject: Re: Logistics for next F2F

I was asked to give more information about the hotels.

As you can see, they are all very close to TIBCO.

The Palo Alto hotels have several clusters - Westin and Sheraton are pretty standard for their respective chains, and are across the street from the outskirts of Stanford University (I say that because Stanford is insulated by a lot of acres).  Garden Court and Victorian are in downtown Palo Alto, hustle and bustle of small university town.  Hyatt Rickeys has been around for a long time, and is more unique than the Hyatt name would lead you to believe.  Cabana is on El Camino Real towards Mountain View - see below.

With the exception of the last Mountain View one, they are all on El Camino Real, which, especially in Mountain View, is a relatively busy, drab, commercial street.  The last one in Mountain View is next to US101, a busy and congested freeway, although you wouldn't use it to get here for the meetings.

Palo Alto Hotels
Westin - 3.1 miles - Virtually adjacent to Stanford Univesity and Stanford Shopping Center
Garden Court - 3.9 miles - Downtown Palo Alto.  Probably expensive.  Walk to lots of good restaurants.
Crowne Plaza Cabana - 2.4 miles -
Hyatt Rickeys - 2.0 miles - both "garden" and "tower" style
Sheraton Palo Alto - 3.1 miles.  Next to Westin, see above.
Stanford Park - 3.8 miles - More upscale, expensive
Victorian on Lytton - 4.4 miles - a B&B

Mountain View Hotels
Best Western - 3.4 miles
Best Western Tropicana - 4.1 miles
Comfort Inn - 4.3 miles
Holiday Inn Express - 5.3 miles
Homestead Suites - 5.6 miles
Ramada Limited - 6.2 miles

Danny van der Rijn wrote:
Diane - can you attach the following to the F2F meeting item on the calendar?

Here is a link to driving directions to TIBCO HQ

http://www.tibco.com/company/directions_hq.jsp

and a list of our preferred hotels.  My cell is +1 (650) 804 4192 if and when you need to reach me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Preferred Palo Alto Hotels

Westin Hotel

675 El Camino Real