Subject: RE: [wsbpel] RE: Issue 147 - some comemnts and questions

Hello,

Andrew actually I agree with you, that maybe two constructs would be
better to ensure that the modelelrs intention is more expliciteley
stated.

One could be the sequential for-each you know from programming languages
which support iterators,  collections or lambda expressions (kind of
simple while-makro).

The other construct will be a dynamic flow as you describe it. I think
the lack of parallel constructs in most programming languages is only a
proof for BPEL beeing a high level process language (which needs it).
And I dont think it should look like a fork thing. It is better desribed
as a work-item submission mechanism. Like an "invoke-multi". The work
items can be processed in an event handler and all the snapshot and
compensation stuff is solved here, too. I think we had that idea before.
The weak point of this is mainly the synchronisation on results.

Greetings
Bernd

PS: from my productive BPEL projects I do have the experience that some
coding gets pretty low level of we talk about data splitting, forking,
merging and picking. But my goal is to improve BPEL not to use
extensions for that. Since this kind of data flow belongs to the high
level aspects of process control.