Subject: RE: Fw: [wsbpel] Issue - 157 - conf call brief recap ... and carry forward ...

Hi Rania,

Can I get a clarification on what you are suggesting?  Is it that we require
a source (<from>) for an AII (<to>) to be a TII, not an AII or EII. And the
user must do whatever is necessary in the target expression language to
conform to that requirement, whether it be .../text() or string(...).

Thanks,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Rania Khalaf [mailto:rkhalaf@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:14 AM
To: Alex Yiu
Cc: rkhalaf@us.ibm.com; Charlton Barreto; wsbpeltc;
jwillis@exchange.microsoft.com
Subject: Re: Fw: [wsbpel] Issue - 157 - conf call brief recap ... and carry
forward ...

Hi alex,

My point that since AII is always a TII if you use text() , then if you
want to copy from/to an attribute you should select the value not the
attribute.

So you can't do:

<from>$var/@foo</from>

but would instead do <from>$var/@foo/text()</from>

then there is no distinction. With the attribute this is reasonable
restriction if the agreement is that since we are not allowing creating
new attributes but simply replacing old ones.

Rania