Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 139.1 - Proposal For Vote

Hi,

Couple of comments / questions on the proposal:

1.
>From: In the degenerate case where a partnerLinkType has only one role, one of these attributes is omitted as >appropriate.
>
>To: In the case where a WSDL binding is only specified for one of the two roles then one of these attributes is omitted as appropriate.

I don't understand the need for this change or I don't think this is accurate.  The original text, I believe is referring to the fact that the partnerLinkType for this partnerLink (identified in @partnerLinkType) MAY have been defined with only one role. See partnerLinkType syntax below.
<definitions name="ncname" targetNamespace="uri"
     <plnk:partnerLinkType name="ncname">
          <plnk:role name="ncname" portType="qname"/>
          <plnk:role name="ncname" portType="qname"/>?
     </plnk:partnerLinkType>
</definitions>
So one of the roles not being present on a partnerLink has no relation to WSDL binding and tying this to WSDL binding is not correct IMO. I would suggest we not make this change and keep the original text.

2. I like to make @initializePartnerRole optional and present only when the @partnerRole is present. The proposed syntax shows it to be mandatory.

Regards, Prasad

Yaron Y. Goland wrote:
Note: Had to remove "may" as an option in the BNF, it was a left over from a previous version of the proposal. Thanks to Danny for pointing this out.
    Yaron

Issue 139.1: How/when BPEL can change partner role EPR

Proposal: Put in a switch to specify if the programmer is depending on the BPEL processor to initialize a partnerRole value on a partnerLink. This switch has no affect on the engine's behavior after the partnerLink is used for the first time.
Section 7.2

Change the BNF to read:

<partnerLinks>
     <partnerLink name="ncname" partnerLinkType="qname"
          myRole="ncname"? partnerRole="ncname"?
          initializePartnerRole="yes|no">+
     </partnerLink>
</partnerLinks>

From: In the degenerate case where a partnerLinkType has only one role, one of these attributes is omitted as appropriate.

To: In the case where a WSDL binding is only specified for one of the two roles then one of these attributes is omitted as appropriate.

Insert the following as a new paragraph after the paragraph that ends with " See Assignment for the mechanisms used for dynamic assignment of endpoint references to partner services."

The initializePartnerRole attribute specifies if the BPEL processor is required to initialize a partnerLink's partnerRole value. The attribute has no affect on the partnerRole's value after its initialization. The initializePartnerRole attribute MUST NOT be used on a partnerLink that does not have a partner role; this restriction MUST be statically enforced.

If the initializePartnerRole attribute is set to "yes" then the BPEL processor MUST initialize the EPR for the specified partnerLink/partnerRole combination before that partnerRole is first referenced by the BPEL process.

If the initializePartnerRole attribute is set to "no" then the BPEL processor MUST NOT initialize the EPR for the specified partnerLink/partnerRole combination before that partnerRole is first referenced by the BPEL process.

If the initializePartnerRole attribute is omitted then its value MUST be treated as "no".